Shattered Twilight
Shattered Twilight
Shattered Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shattered Twilight

forum for Shattered Twilight of perenolde

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

POETIC LICENSE

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Danea

Danea

POETIC LICENSE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POETIC LICENSE   POETIC LICENSE - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:04 am

Smile I have not laughed at any of your poems. The last one even brought tears to my eyes. The rhymes might not be the most artistic, (better than any I could come up with though) but the feeling and sentiment are real. that's the important part.

I'm always a bit awed by people who can write poems, probably because I'm not good at expressing ideas in that fashion. POETIC LICENSE - Page 2 936336
Back to top Go down
Luv

Luv

PostSubject: Re: POETIC LICENSE   POETIC LICENSE - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm

On Joy and Sorrow
Kahlil Gibran

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Some of you say, "Joy is greater thar sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits, alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.
Back to top Go down
Drillsarge

Drillsarge

PostSubject: Re: POETIC LICENSE   POETIC LICENSE - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:55 pm

I would write another poem, but I can't think of any more topics off hand. Give me a topic and I'll try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POETIC LICENSE   POETIC LICENSE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

POETIC LICENSE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shattered Twilight :: Member Discussion :: Discussion-
Jump to: