Shattered Twilight
Shattered Twilight
Shattered Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shattered Twilight

forum for Shattered Twilight of perenolde

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Really Grinds my gears

Go down 
+3
Jeff
RS
Drillsarge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Drillsarge

Drillsarge

Really Grinds my gears Empty
PostSubject: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:42 am

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but this is a good place to complain about stuff that really grinds your gears. I'll start off.

It really grinds my gears that Blizzard caters to the max levels of the game and says "heck with everyone that isn't 80."

I delt with it when the brewfest was on, with the brew master. Thanks to the guldies that tried to let me tag along and I released when I was killed, but I was pretty much shoved out of the group after that, and only had that one shot. So I delt with it.

Now we have that Headless Horseman guy. Everyone says he is incredable easy and I looked him up and thought I might be able to solo him. But guess what, since I'm not 80 I can't summon him, there for I'm screwed.

If it wasn't for you guys in this guild, I would call Blizzard (which I am going to call them monday and give them a swift verbal beating over this) and cancel my wow account and stop playing this stupid game, because its not really playing for a non 80, its just leveling, you get to play at 80.

thats what really grinds my gears.
Back to top Go down
RS

RS

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:40 pm

(Quote DS) "If it wasn't for you guys in this guild, I would call Blizzard
(which I am going to call them monday and give them a swift verbal beating over this) and cancel my wow account and stop playing this stupid game" ...

I really hope I read this right and you aren't leaving the game and guild...I think I did.
I can understand where you are coming from DS, it would seem that there is an elitest attitude in the creators of WoW. That may explain the rampant elitest attitude in most lvl 80 players.
For instance, if you aren't geared to the max they don't want you coming along on a raid or instance but, the gear you need to get to their lvl is in the instance they wont let you join them in...LOL scratch No one except your own guild gives a rats patootey about anyone else here and that really "GRINDS MY GEARS"!
I do however have a small consolation for your less than lvl 80 woes; the Argent tournement" is a blast and you dont need to be 80 to compete. Lvl 77 I think, and Exhaulted with any one faction. It does take some practice to get the jousting down and all the quests there seem to be dailies so you can't grind away up there until you master it. There is some excellent gear to be had from your efforts and the fun is there. Do not dispair brother in arms...It aint all roses at lvl 80 unless you have a good group with you. So stick it out with us and we too will soon reap the benefits of the top shelf of the game...till they raise the lvl cap anyway...LOL
Back to top Go down
Drillsarge

Drillsarge

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Yeah, I get what your saying, but I'm still really sick of this level 80 only stuff. I've calmed down some, but still am going to call them bright and early their time monday morning and give them a bit of my mind. This is rediculous, almost makes me want to pay some asian kid in china to power level my toon. which is against the TOA, but hey, they are the ones driving me to think that way.

You know what else grinds my gears, sugar, where does it get off being so sweet and tasty anyway. I mean come on, can anyone say "over achiever?"
Back to top Go down
Jeff

Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Splenda is what gets me...I mean how can it be "made from sugar" and NOT BE SUGAR?????

I mean it defies all logic?!?!?!?!? Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jeffery.bohn?ref=profile
Drillsarge

Drillsarge

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 pm

I know what you mean Jeff, its the same with girl scout cookies, how can they be called girl scout cookies if they aren't made from real girl scouts. Its insane, like me selling H1N1 vaccines, with no actual vaccine in it, they'd want to put me in jail. affraid
Back to top Go down
Woogoo

Woogoo

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:30 pm

Really Grinds my gears 977384 It just like in New Jersey the drive on the parkway and PARK in the driveway its just wrong Really Grinds my gears 977384
Back to top Go down
Jeff

Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Heads up Sarge...it is not just in New Jersey...the conspiracy is spreading!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Alnilam
Admin
Alnilam

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:13 am

ROFLMAO! You guys crack me up.

To touch on this elitist attitude 80 only thing.... The game is about having fun... Yes you spent lvl1-79 just trying to hit 80 but once you get there its a different type of game play. I do not have the game experience that many of you have but I can tell you that for me being 80 has been just as challenging as every other level. 80's get the cool bossed for world events...YAY! but the rest of the game is about gear and heroics and raids. The challenging part for me is that I am too big to be of any real help to anyone else and not geared for the really cool kick a$$ fun stuff. I do not have a range of level toons to assist others and still allow max rep. It is a long process but soon you will all have an 80 and we will be kicking rears together. Sadly most players have a pompous attitude and forget that they themselves were either new or poorly geared themselves at one time and that if others hadn't helped them along the way they wouldn't be the bas A$$ 80 warrior with a gearscore of 5000 without that help. As long as you are a member of this family that will never be an issue. So we may have to work a little harder and may wipe 16 times more than we would have liked, but we will get there..Together

The reason I play is for the people, I love ya all terribly and a day has yet to pass me by where I didn't smile or laugh so hard til my sides hurt while playing.
Back to top Go down
https://stwilight.forumotion.com
Woogoo

Woogoo

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:37 am

Alnilam wrote:
ROFLMAO! You guys crack me up.

Sadly most players have a pompous attitude and forget that they themselves were either new or poorly geared themselves at one time and that if others hadn't helped them along the way they wouldn't be the bas A$$ 80 warrior with a gearscore of 5000 without that help. As long as you are a member of this family that will never be an issue. So we may have to work a little harder and may wipe 16 times more than we would have liked, but we will get there..Together

The reason I play is for the people, I love ya all terribly and a day has yet to pass me by where I didn't smile or laugh so hard til my sides hurt while playing.

I agree a lot of people forget thier Struggles comin' up when they do hit 80 it is a matter of I am better thats not the case. I feel ya as far as not being geared for raiding all the cool stuff. My personal opion is the fun is not in the Destination it is in the journey, the leveling and the friends and Family you develop along the way.

that said I will be happy to jump on one of my 80's and help run an instance whenever you guys need it and I have seen most of Twilight is the same way Sarge and Jeff or even E, For that matter any Guildie if you need a healer or dps to run an instance wether its Deadmines or Utgarde let me know.
Back to top Go down
Luv

Luv

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:43 pm

cheers WOOT!!! I'm with u!!
Back to top Go down
RS

RS

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 am

People like all of you here with me are exactly why I stay here. You all are my extended family and I am proud to be part of all of this with you. Woog said it best; the journey is the best part!

As always Alni is showing her GINORMOUS heart and that is exactly why I love her and all my friends here.

Ya'll are the BEST!
Back to top Go down
Woogoo

Woogoo

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Ya know what Realy Grinds my gears?

no Gnome Hunters

I think Blizztard should allow gnomes to be hunters they could have:

Special pets = Squirrils, Cats and yea, Cockroachs
Special mounts = Sheep
Special weapons = peashooter or blowguns
Back to top Go down
Jeff

Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 pm

That and Gnome Priests...because if anyone needs to pray...
Back to top Go down
Woogoo

Woogoo

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:59 am

Cataclysim will have gnome priests
Back to top Go down
bigdaddymoe

bigdaddymoe

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:17 pm

I haven't been on for a while and just read your post. I think look at WoW and some of the other MMO's that are out there, that you hear the same complaints from alot of players ( most being lower level veterans ). Why is the game made for the higher level players? Is it really? If that is so why is it that the subscriber base keep soaring? Why is it that players that are lower level keep playing? I think that we have to look at why we started playing in the first place, or why we play MMO's.

I think most play for the social experience, the chance to meet new people and make new friends. Some play for the carrot and stick reason the quest and the rewards that make up a good MMO. As with all good MMO's their has to be a good story line that keeps you hook into the game ( are you old enough to remember the books that said if you agree with this part of the story turn to page ___ ). So let me ask you, what is the carrot and the stick at level 80?

Is the game design to make you feel elitest by the time you reach level 80? That is a lot of time and money that you have put into the game by the time you get there. Also let me ask you what do you think it is that Blizzard must do to keep the level 80's paying for the game. They already know what they have to do to keep you playing up to level 80 that's the core game.....LOL. I don't know what do all of you think?

Ka' Plak to all of you in the game

Bigdaddymoe afro
Back to top Go down
Drillsarge

Drillsarge

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:17 am

You know what really grinds my gears, the beach. I mean come on, the beach would be great if it wasn't for all that sand. It gets everywhere too, in your shoes, socks, and yes even your shorts. Its not cool. I think we should all boycott the beaches untill it does something about all that sand.
Back to top Go down
Woogoo

Woogoo

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I believe a boycott is not te answer, we need to take action we need to form a plan as to what should be done to rectify the sand problem. It seems we have an epidemic on our hands, sand has been filling up all the beaches.

Maybe we can build a wall around the beaches to prevent the further incursion of sand, then use large earth moving trucks and huge cranes to remove al that pesky sand.

People We Need To Get To The Bottom Of This
Back to top Go down
Luv

Luv

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:24 pm

But ....If not for the sand, what would be there to bury your feet when you stand in the surf? What could we squish between our toes? What would pad our entry into the sea? How would castles and kingdoms be sculpted? What would cushion the falls of the volleyball-divers? What would the crabs burrow into? Where would the turtle protectively nest her eggs? What would we do without the jollies of watching oiled sunbathers roll over in the sand looking like shake-n-bake, or body-surfers emerging with lumps of sand packed in their trunks?

Nay! We should protect the sand where it lies. There is the time-honored tradition of the beach shower to wash away the sand and allow it to trail back to its bed. If this is not enough, perhaps a high-powered ceiling vacuum for the beach-exiter to walk through that will suck any loose sediment up through its filter - depositing the fine grains back on the beach. (Anything larger would be stopped by the filter, dropping back into the arms of the suckee; the park would not responsible for the removal of clothing loosely attached.) flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really Grinds my gears   Really Grinds my gears Empty

Back to top Go down

Really Grinds my gears
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shattered Twilight :: Member Discussion :: Discussion-
Jump to: